We help you tell your story to the world.
Newscom is the global leader of high-quality images, video, and text content, delivered to you in real time from more than 150 agencies around the world representing hundreds of thousands of professional photographers and editors. We gather and deliver the compelling content you need, and we will absolutely do everything we can to help you.
That’s a promise.
A lot of people don’t realize it, but Newscom was the original pioneer in the world of electronically-delivered photographs. Before there was Getty Images, and long, long before there was Shutterstock, there was Newscom. In a very real sense it was Newscom’s innovation that created our industry.
Born in Los Angeles in 1985 as part of the Times Mirror Group (owner of the Los Angeles Times), Newscom provided its customers with one-stop access to millions of photos, graphics, illustrations and text stories. Sixteen years later, in 2001, Newscom merged with its principal competitor at the time, PressLink, and then moved its headquarters to Washington, D.C. In 2007, with the decline in newspaper subscriptions and the challenges of moving to digital, Newscom’s newspaper owners’ focus moved elsewhere and Mainstream Data, the largest provider of digital asset management systems for photo and news agencies, bought the company. Now based in Salt Lake City, USA, we have refocused our efforts to make Newscom the first place you think of and visit to find the images, video, and text that move people and tell your story..
Our company’s core values are to:
- Provide the broadest possible collection of digital media to our customers
- Continue our legacy of innovation in the ways we present, distribute, and price our content
- Deal with you, our customers, and with our vendors with absolute integrity
- Give the best and most responsive customer service in the world
About Our People (add round pictures of each person)
We are very proud of the team we have assembled at Newscom. Beyond being exceptionally capable business people, these are real people, each with unique abilities, interests, and even a few quirks, but always united in their goal to help you tell your story to the world.
Scott Calder, President, unrepentant entrepreneur and nerd, father of five, grandfather of eleven
BJ Warnick, V.P. Rights and Licensing, adoptive mother of Zambian orphans
Jorge Jaramillo, V.P. Sales, unrepentant Yankees fan, father of two, wannabee pro ball player
Gary Howard, V.P. Technology, awesome skier and squashmeister
Jason Stebbing, V.P. Marketing, MacFanatic, sneakerhead, and father of teenagers
Mitch Rasmussen, CFO, elite water skier, crazed snowmobiler
Tom Bryant, Product Manager, Newscom groupie and il basso profundo (only in the morning)
Uschi Gerschner, Technical Project Manager, caninophile, unrepentant Mets fan (see Jorge above)
Hugh Summerhays, Newscom Development Lead, world’s best MacGyver
Hanelle Miklavcic, Senior Account Representative, aspirational actress
Rick Lamp, Lead Customer Service Representative,
A Few Quick Facts
- Newscom really does have more of what you're looking for. On 9 out of 10 searches, Newscom has more results than our competitors. And they're real results for the things you're looking for--llike Jennifer Lopez, SpaceX launch, and purple frogs.
- We're absolutely committed to customer service--it is one of our core values. You can email us any time at firstname.lastname@example.org with your questions.
- As part of our commitment to helping our customers, we also offer free research when you sign up for an account on Newscom.
- It's easy to purchase and download images on Newscom. Once you sign into your account and find your image, pricing and download options are available right there next to the image. With one click you can have your photo and be on your way, no time wasted.